Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Don't Think I'll Ever Make It On Time


Okay so, on Tuesday's I thought it would be fun to find scenario's in popular media, which will include books should I accidentally read one.
Today I'm taking cues from two classics of television. Both a tour de force in their own right. Begining with Extras, the BBC show from The Office creator Ricky Gervais. In the show, Maggie likes to ask Andy Would You Rather questions throughout, much to his dismay. Here's the one that finally drives him off the deep end.

Would you rather...
a) Be a penguin, so you're a bird, but you can't fly, but you can swim in the sea like a fish.
b) Be a flying fish, so you're a fish, but you can fly.

The other boob tube classic has to come from Saved By The Bell. Of course. Thanks to my lady Carolynn and her generosity, I've been able to fully appreciate the magic that was the mid 90s again from the comfort of my own home. So here's the campy conundrum.

Would you rather...

a) Sit in every chair backwards like AC Slater?
b) Always have your voice crack like Screech?
c) Have a mom who just let any strange kid into your house and let them knock on your bedroom door like Zach?
d) Have a traumatic caffiene pill addiction like Jesse?
e) Only have one hallway in your high school, two classrooms, a gym, and roughly 30 students?

That's what I got for today. I'd fancy your company tomorrow for questions written by other folks who have given this the time of day. Special guests include Lil Beezy, Farge, and more.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Extras.) Be a flying fish that asks itself 'Be a penguin, so you're a bird, but you can't fly, but you can swim in the sea like a fish.' because that is fun to say and it'd be even cooler to say it as a fish out of a water. Yeah?

Saved By the Bell.) A, because maybe one day I would get noticed and nationally recognized for sitting in an office chair backwards with grace.

Unknown said...

I would rather be a flying fish, and I would LOVE to have my mom send strangers knocking on my bedroom door! I always envied the way the Morris family operated.